The Extron MPA 601 is an ENERGY STAR qualified mono audio amplifier delivering 60 watts rms output. Housed in a compact convection cooled and UL 2043 plenum enclosure, it meets UL requirements for in-ceiling installations. The MPA 601 employs a highly efficient advanced Class D amplifier design featuring our patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression technology providing a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifiers. Three stereo inputs are summed together so three separate sources can be connected simultaneously. With more power in a compact design, a defeatable standby timer and professional performance, the MPA 601 is ideal for applications with space restrictions that require sufficient power for a small to medium distributed audio system.
- Inputs: balanced or unbalanced stereo or mono on a captive screw connector; unbalanced stereo or mono on RCA connectors; 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
- Speaker Outputs: 5 mm screw-lock captive screw connector
- 60 watts rms output power:
MPA 601-70V - 1 x 60 watts @ 70 volts
MPA 601-100V - 1 x 60 watts @ 100 volts
- Professional grade signal-to-noise of >90 dB and <0.1% THD+N — Ultra-low noise performance makes the MPA 601 ideal for use in applications where fidelity is critical.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified amplifier — The MPA 601 is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier that conserves energy and reduces costs.
- Bass, treble, and input level controls — Provides the ability to properly set gain structure and make tonal changes in simple systems for optimized sound quality.
- Extron patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression — CDRS is an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Convection cooled, fanless design with UL 2043 plenum rated enclosure — Operates without noisy fans and generates little heat in the rack or room. Can be installed above the ceiling when no rack is available.
- Balanced and unbalanced buffered audio inputs — Accepts balanced or unbalanced audio input signals on a captive screw connector, and unbalanced audio on both RCA connectors and a 3.5 mm stereo mini jack. The three inputs are individually buffered, and can be connected to three separate sources at the same time without altering performance.
- Auto power-down with fast power-up — The MPA 601 meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto power-down feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, dramatically reducing power consumption. It quickly returns to full power status in less than one second upon signal detection.
- Defeatable auto-standby timer — Automatic timed standby feature can be disabled for sensitive applications that require uninterrupted operation.
- Automatic clip limiter — Detects actual onset of clipping by comparing input and output waveforms. Gain is automatically reduced without audible artifacts to protect speakers from clipping distortion.
- Remote volume and mute control port — In basic installations without control systems, this port allows the MPA 601 to be remotely controlled using the optional Extron VCM 100 or VCM 200 analog volume and mute controller or VC 50 analog volume controller.
- 5 mm screw-lock captive screw speaker connector — Enables simple, secure connections with 22 to 12 AWG speaker cables.
- Rack-mountable 1U, quarter rack width metal enclosure