The MediaPack 1288 is a best-of-breed high density analog media gateway. It offers a cost-effective solution for organizations transitioning to all-IP that need to integrate large numbers of analog devices (such as legacy phones, fax machines and modems) into their new infrastructure.
The MediaPack 1288 enables these organizations to protect the investment made in their analog devices and cabling while enjoying the functional and cost benefit of the move to the all-IP infrastructure.
It is particularly suited to the needs of markets such as service providers, hosted UC operators, the hospitality sector and large enterprise campuses.
- Ideal for VoIP deployments with large install base of analog devices
- Scalable solution with four capacity options: 288, 216, 144 and 72 ports
- Cost-effective - single management interface, single IP
- Reduced footprint - 3U chassis
- Designed for carrier-grade environments with 1+1 power supply modules and Ethernet redundancy
- Eliminate the need to stack and cable multiple small analog gateways
- Integrated surge protection for FXS ports (ITU-T K.21 - basic level compliance)
- Short and long haul up to 7.5 km
- Support for emergency/elevator phones that require higher loop current and increased ring voltage
- SBC capabilities for survivability and connection to SIP trunks
- SRTP on all channels without capacity hit
- Extensive fax support including T.38 version 3
- SIP header manipulation