The Extron MPA 152 Plus is a quarter rack width, stereo integrated mini power amplifier that delivers 15 watts rms per channel. The MPA 152 Plus features a 90 dB signal-to-noise ratio with 0.1% THD+N, offering exceptional performance for speaker systems requiring compact, economical audio amplification. The MPA 152 Plus is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier with an Extron exclusive, highly efficient, advanced Class D amplifier design. It also features patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifiers. The Extron exclusive, high efficiency design generates very little heat and allows the amplifier to be fanless and operate in environments with little or no ventilation.
This mini power amplifier is ideal for small audio systems intended to provide a significant step-up in sound quality over the amplifiers and speakers built into displays. The MPA 152 Plus features significant performance capabilities in terms of signal-to-noise ratio and THD+N. It also features a maximum input level +12 dBu for balanced signals and +9 dBV for unbalanced signals.
- Inputs: Balanced or unbalanced stereo on a captive screw connector; unbalanced stereo on RCA connectors and a 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
- Speaker Outputs: 5 mm captive screw connector
- 30 watts rms output power:2 x 15 watts @ 4 ohms, or 2 x 8 watts @ 8 ohms — The MPA 152 Plus is designed for use in classrooms and other applications requiring compact, economical audio solutions that provide a significant step-up in sound quality over the speakers built into displays.
- ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier — The MPA 152 Plus is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier and energy efficient product that conserves energy and reduces costs.
- 90 dB signal-to-noise ratio with 0.1% THD+N — The MPA 152 Plus ensures quiet, low-noise amplification and maintains audio signal integrity for exceptional performance in a compact, economical amplifier.
- Defeatable auto power-down timer for 24/7 applications — Ensures amplifier is always active for 24/7 operation in critical applications, while still retaining ENERGY STAR qualification.
- Extron Patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression — CDRS is an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Bass, treble, and input level controls
- Stereo/dual mono toggle switch — Allows the user to choose between stereo output, or to sum the left and right channels into dual mono outputs.
- UL 2043 plenum rated — The MPA 152 Plus meets UL 2043 for smoke and heat release for installation within a plenum airspace above a drop ceiling – power supply excluded. Above-the-ceiling placement conceals the amplifier to prevent theft, and is convenient for installing equipment when space inside the room is limited.
- Balanced and unbalanced buffered audio inputs — Accepts balanced or unbalanced audio input signals on a captive screw connector, and unbalanced audio on both RCA connectors and a 3.5 mm stereo mini jack. The three inputs are individually buffered, and can be connected to three separate sources at the same time without altering performance.
- Convection cooled, fanless operation — The MPA 152 Plus does not require internal fans or vents for cooling, ensuring quiet, reliable operation. It generates substantially less heat than conventional power amplifiers, making it ideal for rack-mount applications.
- Auto power-down with fast power-up — The MPA 152 Plus meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto power-down feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, dramatically reducing power consumption. It quickly returns to full power status in less than one second upon signal detection. This auto power-down feature can be defeated to allow for 24/7 operation.
- Automatic clip limiter — Detects actual onset of clipping by comparing input and output waveforms. Gain is automatically reduced without audible artifacts to protect speakers from clipping distortion.
- Remote volume and mute control port — In basic installations without control systems, this port allows the MPA 152 Plus to be remotely controlled using the optional Extron VCM 100 or VCM 200 analog volume and mute controller or VC 50 analog volume controller.
- Rack-mountable 1U, quarter rack width metal enclosure
MPA 152 Plus