The Extron SW2 USB Pro and SW4 USB Pro are two- and four-input USB switchers that facilitate USB 3.2 compatible switching between multiple host devices and multiple USB peripherals. They provide integrator-friendly solutions for USB‑C and Thunderbolt hosts and peripherals with data rates up to 10 Gbps. HID peripheral ports support hotkey input switching via a connected keyboard. SW USB Pro switchers also support auto and manual host and peripheral switching and control via RS‑232 or Ethernet. They feature Host and Peripheral Emulation Mode, which provides "keep alive" functionality by continuously mimicking host and keyboard/mouse communications within the switcher. This emulation eliminates the need for enumeration and reduces the chance of failed device communications throughout the switching process.
SW USB Pro Series switchers act as active USB hubs, supplying power to attached devices. In addition, the switchers are USB 3.2 compatible including SuperSpeed USB 5 and 10 Gbps, and are backward-compatible with all previous USB data rate specifications. The SW USB Pro Series incorporates rack-mountable, 1U, half-rack width enclosures for simplified integration and includes an external, universal power supply for worldwide power compatibility
- Outputs: One female USB‑C and three female USB Type A connectors
- SuperSpeed USB 10G compatible — Supports newer USB 3.2 speed devices and is backwards compatible with all prior USB versions.
- Four port output hub with USB‑C and Type A connections — Enables simultaneous connection to multiple peripheral devices with USB‑C or Type A connections such as mass storage devices, keyboards, mice, or other HID – Human Interface Devices.
- Hot Key, Auto, and manual switching capability — Provides multiple ways to switch between hosts to ensure easy integration and control for many AV environments .
- Supports selectable Host and Peripheral emulation — Offers increased system reliability by emulating uninterrupted connection between host and keyboard/mouse devices. This feature enables devices to "keep alive" when switching between inputs.
- Front panel selection buttons and status indicators — Facilitates easy control and troubleshooting from front panel.
- Ethernet and RS‑232 control options — Provides multiple control options for pro AV environments.
- Front panel security lockout — Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments. In lockout mode, a special button combination is required to operate the switcher from the front panel.
- Rack-mountable, 1U half rack width metal enclosure