The Extron XPA U 2002 SB is an ENERGY STAR qualified two channel audio power amplifier with a flexible output that can drive 8 ohm, 4 ohm, 70 volt, or 100 volt loads. The bridgeable channels can deliver two 200 watt channels into low impedance systems or a mono 400 watt channel into low or high impedance systems. A rotary switch on the rear panel makes it quick and easy to select output mode. The convection cooled, plenum rated enclosure of the XPA U 2002 SB does not require empty rack spaces for ventilation and includes rack mount hardware.
It features a highly efficient advanced Class D amplifier design with defeatable auto standby, fast wake up from standby, and our patented CDRS – Class D Ripple Suppression. XPA Ultra SB models also offer remote volume and mute control with Extron VCM, VC or select MediaLink controllers.
- ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier — The XPA U 2002 SB is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier and energy efficient product that conserves energy and reduces costs.
- Extron Patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression — CDRS is an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Convection cooled, fanless operation - can be stacked without extra rack space for ventilation — The XPA U 2002 SB does not require internal fans or vents for cooling, ensuring quiet, reliable operation. It generates substantially less heat than conventional power amplifiers, making it ideal for rack-mount applications where space is at a premium.
- Defeatable auto-standby with fast wake up — The XPA U 2002 SB meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto-standby feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, dramatically reducing power consumption. The XPA U 2002 SB quickly returns to full power status in less than 100 ms upon signal detection, with minimal inrush current. Auto-standby can be disabled if required.
- UL 2043 plenum rated when used with optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit — The XPA U 2002 SB meets UL 2043 for smoke and heat release for installation within a plenum airspace above a drop ceiling when used with the optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit, part # 70-228-02. Above-the-ceiling placement conceals the amplifier to prevent theft, and is convenient for installing equipment when space inside the room is limited.
- Remote volume and mute control — With Extron VCM, VC, and select MediaLink controllers
- All rated watts are usable with all channels driven — With an XPA Ultra, designs can utilize 100% of the rated power.
- Professional grade signal-to-noise and THD+N performance — The XPA U 2002 SB delivers professional grade performance, featuring 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio and THD+N of less than 0.1%.
- Ultra low inrush current at power up - no need for power sequencing — Allows multiple XPA Ultra amplifiers to be powered on simultaneously without overloading power circuits. This eliminates the need for power sequencing.
- Power factor correction - removes harmonic content on AC line — The XPA U 2002 SB features power factor correction technology that smooths out the high peak currents of the amplifier’s current draw, minimizing the presence of high frequency harmonics on the AC power line, preventing audible artifacts from being transmitted to other audio equipment in the system.
- Rear panel recessed, detented level controls — Provides attenuation of input signals for adjusting audio system gain staging. These controls are located on the rear panel to prevent tampering with level adjustments. Laser etched markings provide enhanced visibility of settings for ease of configuration.
- Remote standby port — Enables the XPA U 2002 SB to be remotely powered down when not in use, reducing operating cost.
- Automatic clip limiter — Detects actual onset of clipping. Gain is automatically reduced without audible artifacts to protect speakers from clipping distortion.
- Multiple protection circuits — Activate during output shorts, thermal overload, or DC faults to prevent damage to the amplifier and speakers.
- 5 mm screw-lock captive screw speaker connectors — Enable simple, secure connections with 22 to 12 AWG speaker cables.
- Front and rear-mounted signal and protection indication LEDs — Provide convenient indication of input signal presence and protection circuit activation from both sides of an equipment rack.
- Front panel over-temperature LED — Provides visual indication that the amplifier's temperature has exceeded the optimal value, well in advance of the onset of thermal protection circuitry.
XPA U 2002 SB