The Extron XPA U 358 is an ENERGY STAR qualified audio power amplifier delivering eight 35 watt channels in a half rack, 1U, convection cooled, plenum rated enclosure that includes rack mount hardware. The XPA U 358 delivers 35 watts into 8 or 4 ohms while the XPA U 358-70V delivers 35 watts into 70 volt systems and the XPA U 358-100V delivers 35 watts into 100 volt systems. The XPA U 358 offers unprecedented channel density and ability to install units without using rack spaces for ventilation, conserving precious rack space.
It features a highly efficient advanced Class D amplifier design with power factor correction, ultra low inrush current, defeatable auto‑standby with fast wake up, and our patented CDRS – Class D Ripple Suppression.
- 35 watts rms output power per channel at 8 ohms, 4 ohms, or 70/100V — All channels driven.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified amplifier — The XPA U 358 is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier and energy efficient product that conserves energy and reduces costs.
- Extron Patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression — CDRS is an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Convection cooled, fanless operation - can be stacked without extra rack space for ventilation — The XPA U 358 does not require internal fans or vents for cooling, ensuring quiet, reliable operation. It generates substantially less heat than conventional power amplifiers, making it ideal for rack-mount applications where space is at a premium.
- Eight channels in a 1U, half rack width enclosure - rack mount hardware included — The channel density of the XPA U 358 reduces rack space requirements for many installations. The included single and side by side rack mount hardware simplifies planning and saves cost.
- Defeatable auto-standby with fast wake up — The XPA U 358 meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto-standby feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, dramatically reducing power consumption. The XPA U 358 quickly returns to full power status in less than 100 ms upon signal detection, with minimal inrush current. Auto-standby can be disabled if required.
- UL 2043 plenum rated when used with optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit — The XPA U 358 meets UL 2043 for smoke and heat release for installation within a plenum airspace above a drop ceiling when used with the optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit, part # 70-228-02. Above-the-ceiling placement conceals the amplifier to prevent theft, and is convenient for installing equipment when space inside the room is limited.
- Professional grade signal-to-noise and THD+N performance — The XPA U 358 delivers professional grade performance, featuring 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio and THD+N of less than 0.1%.
- All rated watts are usable — With an XPA Ultra, designs can utilize 100% of the rated power.
- Ultra low inrush current at power up - no need for power sequencing — Allows multiple XPA Ultra Series amplifiers to be powered on simultaneously without overloading power circuits. This eliminates the need for power sequencing.
- Power factor correction - removes harmonic content on AC line — The XPA U 358 features power factor correction technology that smooths out the high peak currents of the amplifier’s current draw, minimizing the presence of high frequency harmonics on the AC power line, preventing audible artifacts from being transmitted to other audio equipment in the system.
- Rear panel recessed, detented level controls — Provides attenuation of input signals for adjusting audio system gain staging. These controls are located on the rear panel to prevent tampering with level adjustments. Laser etched markings provide enhanced visibility of settings for ease of configuration.
- Automatic clip limiter — Detects actual onset of clipping. Gain is automatically reduced without audible artifacts to protect speakers from clipping distortion.
- Multiple protection circuits — Activate during output shorts, thermal overload, or DC faults to prevent damage to the amplifier and speakers.
- Remote standby port — Enables the XPA U 358 to be remotely powered down when not in use, reducing operating cost.
- High pass filter for high impedance model — This selectable filter, available on the XPA U 358-70V and the XPA U 358-100V, rolls off frequencies below 80 Hz to prevent saturation of speaker transformers.
- 5 mm screw-lock captive screw speaker connectors — Enable simple, secure connections with 22 to 12 AWG speaker cables.
- Front and rear-mounted signal and protection indication LEDs — Provide convenient indication of input signal presence and protection circuit activation from both sides of an equipment rack.
- Front panel over-temperature LED — Provides visual indication that the amplifier's temperature has exceeded the optimal value, well in advance of the onset of thermal protection circuitry.
XPA U 358