Ubex is a fiber-optical, scaling AV-Over-IP system which allows uncompressed 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 signal extension with latency-free multistreaming, designed to use in a 10G Ethernet network. UBEX operates with zero frame latency, provides seamless switching and lossless reproduction of source signals of up to 4K60Hz 4:4:4, without artifacts. Uncompressed 4K60Hz 4:4:4 data transmission, or visually lossless compression at higher data rates.
It has standard, 10 Gbps SFP+ optical modules installed, which are fieldexchangeable by the user. UBEX can transfer two video signals over a single 10G link with minimal compression, which requires half the router size compared to the needs of similar, 10G IP based architectures. With a 20G configuration, UBEX can transfer 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 over two links uncompressed. The maximum reachable distance is ranging between 400 m and 80 km, depending on the type of singlemode or multimode SFP+ optical modules installed in the device. The UBEX design also favors dual-screen applicationsas a single UBEX device can handle 2x HDMI 2.0 video ports. For video signals which can be transferred within the 10G speed limit of a single optical fiber, a video signal redundancy feature is available employing the second optical fiber channel.
The Video Wall Wizard for UBEX features quick video wall installation with bezel adjustment and cropping, includes options for various layouts within the video wall matrix and also allows zones for smart management.
The R-type UBEX product variant is specifically designed to withstand the daily wear and tear impacts of dynamic, Rental&Staging type of applications. The devices shares the features of the standard UBEX–PRO20–HDMI–F100 model, with additional features and changes in build and dimensions.
- Scaling of video signals to match the properties of the target display/sink
- Balanced analog audio input and output ports for audio embedding and de-embedding
- Metal enclosure
- Adjustable analog audio settings (volume, gain, balance)
- Ethernet extension (1 Gbps)
- Command injection on RS-232 and IR ports
- Supports all VESA and HDTV resolutions
- HDR support
- Advanced EDID Management
- Supports HDMI 4K signal formats (4K UHD @60Hz RGB 4:4:4, up to 18 Gbps)
- Breakaway audio and video switching (audio and video signals can be routed separately)
- HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 1.4 compliant with cross conversion capabilities
- 4096x2160@60Hz/4:4:4 maximum resolution (600MHz)
- Redundant power supplies available
- Firmware upgrade through Ethernet
- Supports all embedded audio formats (including PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS high bitrate audio)
- Uncompressed video up to 18 Gbps datarate (600 MHz pixel clock)